Saturday, June 29, 2024

Warrior V. Chariot

 


GFs Prompt: a low/squatting combat stance & multiarmed warrior, master of arms huehue

I wanted to do a big fantasy piece, a dynamic standoff complete with detailed background. I ended up once again saying "Fuck off backgrounds" and just drawing the characters. Ended up looking up the Bleach Artbook I own after finishing this to get some affirmation that's it's completely fine to not drawing backgrounds (or just draw simple/abstract background) and focus on characters. 

The anatomy practice is really paying off, as I had that really guide me through piecing the warrior's pose together! He's a guy btw, rocking the leotard.

Anyways doing this piece made me realize I should try to be more ambitious with my drawings. This has been much more fun than drawing a full body standing character. Hell the idea of drawing two characters more subtlety interacting sounds more interesting than that. So I will do my best!

No comments:

Post a Comment