Monday, April 8, 2024

Lasombra Vamp

 

Another vamp fresh off the press. This time a Lasombra. I don't have that much of a detailed backstory for his creation.He ended up being more of a practice of more wild/cool character design. I quite like how he came out alot.

He was originally going to have a fishnet shirt but I didn't want to draw fishnets and I couldn't find a nice looking pattern brush to draw it on him. So I ended up going for a ripped out shirt. Added some nice framing for his tattoos and body.

The shirt also lead me to using alot of pitch black in the color scheme. I'll be using it more in my bright color experiments, as nothing makes colors brighter/stand out than black. From there I got the idea to make his color scheme have RGB as a general theme. I thought it would be fun (in an ironic sense) to do considering he's a lasombra (who if you don't know are able to control shadows).

Taken by Francesco Paggiaro

Once again doing a Tsukihime inspired edit of the original background photo. Quite like the stark white lights to contrast with the blues. A very bright moonlit night.

No comments:

Post a Comment